The Association of Professional Aestheticians of Australia
In the early 50s a group of dedicated beauty therapists, many of them with European qualifications, would get together and discuss issues of the profession’s public image and ethics, and so the plight to establish a professional body was birthed. For over 5 years informal meetings were held leading to the establishment of a strong network of passionately dedicated aestheticians. This dedicated group pioneered the way for the first Australian Association to be established with a Constitution and A Code of Ethical Practice in October 1957. The association was named “THE ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL AESTHETICIANS OF AUSTRALIA”.
Today, with representation in every State, the APAA is recognised for its commitment to education and raising the standards within its membership so that the public can be assured they are in the hands of competent professionals.
To establish and promote the integrity of the professional Beauty Therapist, by initiating programs to maintain and progressively raise the standards of our industry to world class through the active participation of its members.
- To be perceived as an active authoritative voice promoting integrity and high standards within the beauty industry.
- To be an active principal voice with government bodies and elected representatives ensuring effective representation concerning all issues relating to regulatory matters for the benefit, progress and protection of our industry.
- To liaise between professional groups of a like nature.
- To establish and promote high standards of professional training for all members of the beauty industry.
- To provide the services of an organisation which will confirm and promote the qualifications and standards of its members.
- To provide a code of ethics which will set its members apart and defend their reputation against illegal practices.
- To facilitate educational programs so that all members can be informed of new developments and progress in the industry at minimal costs.
- To provide a journal which is committed to accurate, up to date information on new research and development as well as industry news both nationally and internationally.
- To provide a forum for networking, discussions and interaction of its member to pursue the direction they perceive to be important for their development and survival as an industry.
- To establish APAA Accredited Schools for the promotion of the principles of the Association.
- To establish public awareness programs to have the consumers perceive our industry with respect and as a body of responsible professionals.
International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy
The International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy (I-ACT) membership recognizes the many and varied approaches to the age-old profession of colon hydrotherapy. Therefore, we subscribe to the following basic tenets regarding our profession and vow to uphold them to the best of our ability to achieve a common, mutual awareness within the colon hydrotherapy field:
- The health, welfare, and comfort of our clients is our primary concern. We will treat our clients as we would treat ourselves.
- We will obtain a good, basic education in colon hydrotherapy and will assist schools in maintaining the highest standard of education for this purpose.
- We recognize the ever-changing nature of, approach to, and attitude towards health care. We will continue our education accordingly thereby keeping abreast of all new developments and advancements in this field.
- We will share our knowledge and awareness with others in the colon hydrotherapy profession.
- We recognize the necessity of maintaining a professional relationship with health care practitioners in other fields and of keeping pace with the latest developments in health care.
- We will work as a colon hydrotherapists as our education and training allows and demands and we will not infringe upon other professions we are not qualified to practice.
- We honor this profession and promise to uphold these tenants. If our work in colon hydrotherapy does not uphold this standard of professionalism, we will leave the profession to those who can.